Result 2.7: The register of food/feed business operators is upgraded.
2.7.1 Review of the list of food and feed business operators, existing procedures in place and gap analysis;
STEs carried an assessment of the existing Database and revised the lists of Food Business Operators
Mission 01 - 27 March 2019 – 29 March 2019
STEs: André GAUFFIER – Régis DUTOT
Mission 02 - 27 May 2019 –29 May 2019
STE: Dr. Anne COSTAZ
The STE designed a Database Management system specification, focusing on:
-Identification of the computer components to be developed and taken into consideration in the
-Identification of the IT support system for the information system and its security;
-Drafting of specifications for the design of the IT architecture of the register.
2.7.2 Draft/revise procedure for approval of operators and data management;
Mission 03 - 27 May 2019 – 29 May 2019
STE: Ms. Valérie VIEILLEFONT
The STE met all the managers, to take stock of practices and to define the
scoop of needs. The objective is to build a shared electronic database for the registration of all food
establishments to be used by all ministries involved in food safety controls.
Mission 04 - 01 October 2019 –04 October 2019
STEs: Valérie VIEILLEFONT & David CHAVERNAC
The objective of this mission is to study in more detail the possibility of using an existing data collect
platform or replacing it with a new data collect system.
The mission was divided into three phases:
- raising awareness among ARD staff about the use of the platform
- Creation of a collection form and field test
- Discussions on the follow-up to be considered and the means to be implemented in the event of use of a
data collect system by the ARD
2.7.3 Training on the implementation of registration/approval procedure;
2.7.4 Data management system:
• Revision of the list of food and feed producers and analysis of the current system in place for management of
• Preparation of a document describing the proposed structure of the register and a procedure for management of
• Preparation of the specifications for a Database Management System that shall be integrated with the already
existing data management system.
Experts Andre GAUFIER and Régis DUTOT with Dr. Bassel Bazzal - ARD -